Interested in learning more about water resources? The United States Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA) offers a self-paced online training program in watershed management. There are 15 core modules (listed below) which the trainee must complete to receive the Watershed Academy Certificate. In addition, the training program offers 46 more modules that are optional for more in depth learning. A trainee is allowed to substitute up to 3 core modules for optional modules, if they wish.
- Introduction to Watershed Ecology
- Protecting Instream Flows: How Much Water Does a River Need?
- Stream Corridor Structure
- Understanding Climate Change Impacts on Water Resources
- Agents of Watershed Change
- Nonpoint Source Pollution with Nitrogen and Phosphorus
Analysis and Planning