The Department of Defense (DoD), through the Environmental Security Technology Certification Program (ESTCP), supports the demonstration of environmental technologies that address priority DoD environmental requirements. The goal of ESTCP is to transition environmental technology projects through the demonstration phase, thereby enabling promising technologies to receive regulatory and DoD end-user acceptance and to be fielded and commercialized more effectively and more rapidly.
ESTCP is seeking innovative environmental technology demonstrations as candidates for funding. This solicitation requests pre-proposals via Calls for Proposals to DoD organizations and Federal (Non-DoD) organizations, and via a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) for Private Sector organizations. PRE-PROPOSALS ARE DUE BY TUESDAY, MARCH 8, 2011.
Detailed instructions for DoD, Non-DoD Federal, and BAA proposers are available on the ESTCP web site: http://www.serdp-estcp.org/Funding-Opportunities/ESTCP-Solicitations.
DoD organizations (Service and Defense Agencies) may submit pre-proposals for demonstrations of innovative environmental technologies in the following topic areas:
- Environmental Restoration — Technologies for the characterization, risk assessment, remediation, and management of contaminants in soil, sediments, and water.
- Munitions Response — Technologies for the detection, classification, and remediation of military munitions on U.S. lands and waters.
- Resource Conservation — Tools, technologies, and methodologies that advance DoD’s management of its natural and cultural resources.
- Weapons Systems and Platforms — Technologies to reduce, control, or eliminate the sources of wastes and emissions in the manufacturing, maintenance, and use of weapons systems and platforms.
The Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) and Non-DoD Federal Call for Proposals (CFP) are seeking pre-proposals for environmental technologies in the following topic areas only:
- Management of Contaminated Groundwater
- In Situ Management of Contaminated Sediments
- Military Munitions Detection, Classification, and Remediation
- Recovery of Threatened and Endangered and Sustainment of At-Risk Plant Species
- Inventory and Monitoring Technologies for Vertebrate Populations
- Environmentally Sustainable Energetic Materials and Manufacturing Processes
JOIN US! ESTCP Director Dr. Jeffrey Marqusee will conduct an online seminar ESTCP Funding Opportunities on January 20, 2011, 12:00-1:00 p.m. EST. This “How to play” briefing will offer valuable information for those interested in new ESTCP funding opportunities. During the online seminar, participants may ask questions about the funding process, the current ESTCP solicitation, and the proposal submission process. Pre-registration for this webinar is required. To register, visit http://webinars.serdp-estcp.org/.
If you have any difficulties registering, please contact Jonathan Bunger in the ESTCP Program Office at email@example.com or by telephone at 703-696-2126.