The Gadget Garage has been featured in several articles and videos which help to showcase what we at the Gadget Garage hope to achieve and how the project has been brought about as project staff have worked with various journalists to spread the word about the project.
- Interview by Brian Dunn after interactions at the America Recycles Day event. (WEFT community radio broadcast, December 2, 2016).
- Interview with Katie Watson at our Recycled Holiday Craft Event. (iSEE website, December 3, 2016).
- CILiving interviewed Madeleine to promote our involvement in the America Recycles Day event, featured below. (December 1, 2016).
- Heather Muno of UI-7 did a feature on the Illini Gadget Garage. (UI-7: Illinois Journalism [YouTube video], October 6, 2016).
- College reinvents “shop” class for the digital era (eCampus News, October 13, 2015; Please note that the Illini Gadget Garage is funded by a grant from the Student Sustainability Committee, not the Sustainable Electronics Initiative, as incorrectly stated in the article.)
- Illini Gadget Garage to open at University’s campus (Daily Illini, September 1, 2015)
- Illini Gadget Garage will provide a space to repair electronics on campus (UI News Bureau, August 24, 2015)
- Illini Gadget Garage Project Will Extend Useful Life of Student and Staff Owned Electronics (SEI Blog, June 24, 2015)