As part of the Illinois Research Data Initiative (IRDI), Jeff Ubois, the founder and chair of the Personal Digital Archiving conferences, will be speaking on Personal Digital Archiving at 4 pm Thursday, April 12, in Room 126 LIS (501 E. Daniel, Champaign.) A reception will follow the presentation. This discussion will summarize some of the suggestions and ideas discussed at the Personal Digital Archiving conferences over the last three years, including:
- Do libraries, museums, and archives have a new responsibility to collect digital personal materials?
- What new social norms around preservation, access, and disclosure are emerging?
- What are the special needs in academia?
- What tools and services are needed to better enable self-archiving?
- What are viable existing economic models that can support personal archives? What new economic models should we evaluate?
See the full announcement on the IRDI Blog