Don Fullerton, Gutgsell Professor of Finance and Institute of Government and Public Affairs at the U of I, will lead off the series with a discussion of how the “U.S. Clean Power Plan Provides Opportunity for Significant Cuts in Budget Deficits.”
The fall ISTC seminar series is now also viewable on-line at http://www.istc.illinois.edu/about/ sustainability_seminars.cfm dealing with Sustainability Planning and Climate Change.
Together they promise a valuable resource for groups and organizations of all sizes to engineer society’s pivot toward a carbon-limited future.
Register for tomorrow’s Extension webinar at: http://web.extension.illinois.edu/lgien/.
Tuesday, Feb. 17, Edith Makra, The Metropolitan Mayors Caucus, “The Greenest Region Compact.”
Tuesday, March 10, Andy Robinson and Todd Rusk, Smart Energy Design Assistance Center, “Case Studies in Municipal Energy Conservation.”
Tuesday, April 14, Eliana Brown and Lisa Merrifield, IL-IN SeaGrant, “Green Infrastructure and Stormwater Management.”
ISTC will announce its Spring Semester Sustainability Series shortly.
Previous ISTC sustainability planning webinars are available on-line:
- Starting a Sustainability Program: Where to Begin
- Facilitating Employee Engagement in Sustainability Initiatives
- The Greenest Region Compact: A Consensus Sustainability Plan for Municipalities
- Carbon Capture using Nitrogen-Selective Membrane Processes
- L&C Sustainability: Strategies for a Carbon Neutral Campus
- Sustainability Planning and Climate Change Considerations.